Waterlase MD ERCR:YSSG Laser
Craig H. Rubinoff, DDS, MS – Poway CA
Patented HydroPhotonic Technology
Waterlase Dentistry uses a patented technology from BIOLASE, the world leader in dental lasers, combining laser energy and a spray of water, a process called HydroPhotonics, to perform a wide range of dental procedures on teeth, gum and bone more comfortably. Typically, Waterlase Dentistry requires fewer shots and less anesthesia reducing patient anxiety and providing a more relaxing dental experience.
Waterlase Dentistry uses laser energy and a gentle spray of water to perform a wide range of dental procedures without the heat, vibration and pressure associated with the dental drill. With many procedures, its possible to use less anesthetic, and often no anesthetic at all.
Lasers have long been the standard of care in medicine for many surgical and cosmetic procedures such as LASIK, wrinkle and hair removal and many others. Waterlase was approved for hard tissue procedures in 1998 and since has been cleared for numerous additional dental procedures. Thousands of dentists around the world have performed thousands of procedures with less need for shots, anesthesia, drills and post-op numb lips.
Dr. Rubinoff is a specialist in periodontics and dental implantology. We specialize in conservative and surgical treatment of gum disease including cosmetic procedures to aesthetically enhance your smile, as well as dental implantology that can replace single or multiple missing teeth.Poway Office Appointments
Heat, vibration and pressure are the primary causes of pain associated with the use of the traditional dental drill. Since Waterlase Dentistry for both hard and soft tissues (teeth and gums) does not generate heat, vibration or pressure, many dental procedures can be performed with fewer shots, less need for anesthesia, less use of the drill and fewer numb lips! In many gum procedures, Waterlase Dentistry reduces bleeding, post-operative pain, swelling and the need for pain medication.
Accuracy and Precision
Waterlase dentists are able to remove decay in tooth enamel (the hardest substance in the body), as well as excess bone and gum tissue precisely while leaving surrounding areas unaffected. This conserves healthy tooth structure.
The dental drill can cause hairline cracks and fractures in teeth that may lead to future dental problems. Waterlase Dentistry minimizes trauma, reducing damage to healthy portions of your tooth and bone.
Improved Cavity Fillings
Waterlase Dentistry cavity preparations can increase bond strength of tooth-colored restorations, resulting in longer lasting fillings.
Less Bleeding and Swelling
Due to its conservative, gentle cutting action and coagulating capabilities, Waterlase Dentistry performs many gum procedures with little or no bleeding and less pain and swelling after your procedure.
The Waterlase Dentistry is extremely versatile. It can be used for a wide range of hard and soft tissue procedures from decay removal and cavity preparation to root canals, smile design, surgical procedures on gum and bone, and many others.
Waterlase was first cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to cut tooth structure in 1998, and since that time has received numerous additional clearances from the FDA for a wide range of procedures on teeth, bone and gum tissue.
LASER PERIODONTAL PROCEDURES
- Full thickness Flap
- Partial thickness flap
- Split thickness flap
- Laser soft tissue curettage
- Laser removal of diseased, infected, inflamed and necrosed soft tissue within the periodontal pocket
- Removal of highly inflamed edematous tissue affected by bacteria penetration of the pocket lining and junctional epithelium
- Removal of granulation tissue from bony defects
- Sulcular debridement (removal of diseased or inflamed soft tissue in the periodontal pocket to improve clinical indices including gingival index, gingival bleeding index, probe depth, attachment loss and tooth mobility)
- Osteoplasty and osseous recontouring (removal of bone to correct osseous defects and create physiologic osseous contours)
- Ostectomy (resection of bone to restore bony architecture, resection of bone for grafting, etc.)
- Osseous crown lengthening
LASER SOFT TISSUE PROCEDURES
- Excisional and incisional biopsies
- Exposure of unerupted teeth
- Fibroma removal
- Flap preparation incision of soft tissue to prepare a flap and expose the bone
- Flap preparation incision of soft tissue to prepare a flap and expose unerupted teeth (hard and soft tissue impactions)
- Frenectomy & Fix a Tongue Tie
- Gingival troughing for crown impressions
- Gingival incision and excision
- Implant recovery
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Laser soft tissue curettage of the post-extraction tooth sockets and the periapical are during apical surgery
- Oral papillectomies
- Reduction of gingival hypertrophy
- Removal of pathological tissues and hyperplastic tissue
- Soft tissue crown lengthening
- Sulcular debridement (removal of diseased and inflamed soft tissue)
- Treatment of canker sores, herpetic and aphthous ulcers of the oral Mucosa
LASER HARD TISSUE PROCEDURES
- Class I, II, III, IV and V cavity preparation
- Caries removal
- Hard tissue surface roughening or etching
- Enameloplasty, excavation of pits and fissures for placement of sealants
LASER COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- Shaving, contouring and resection of oral osseous (bone) and gingival tissues to improve the appearance of the teeth, gums and smile
LASER ROOT CANAL/ENDODONTIC PROCEDURES
(Dr. Rubinoff does not perform endodontic procedures, this information is included for the sake of completeness)
- The Waterlase MD with Endolase Radial Firing Tips is indicated for disinfection of the root canal after endodontic instrumentation.
- Tooth preparation to obtain access to root canal
- Pulp extirpation
- Root canal preparation including enlargement
- Root canal debridement and cleaning
- Flap preparation incision of soft tissue to prepare a flap and expose the bone Cutting bone to prepare a window access to the apex (apices) of the roots
- Root end preparation for retrofill
Patient Reviews: Periodontal Laser Therapy
This reviews section is in progress. We invite you to leave us your feedback. For assistance, please call us at Craig H. Rubinoff, DDS, MS Phone Number 858-486-GUMS.
Craig H. Rubinoff, DDS, MS
Our Latest Patient Testimonial
Dr. Rubinoff does excellent work. I am very happy with my outcome and will return for routine work.
- Ivette B
Our Latest Patient Testimonial
Overall treatment/follow up was quick and easy! Procedure was great & everyone was very friendly.
- Chelsea G